Sorry but we’re about to dive into 5 reasons why you should absolutely, positively, no questions asked, hire a copywriter—and as copywriters ourselves, it only seems fitting to get the ol’ tooting of the horn out of the way. So —–>> TOOT TOOT.
Whew. That feels better.
So yes, here at SizzleForce, we do in fact provide copywriting services… and yes, we’re going to explain to you why you should hire a copywriter. Sounds pretty self-serving, doesn’t it?
In a way, we suppose it is. But in other ways—as you’re about to read—the real winner is YOU.
And more specifically, your business. Here’s why…
Focus On What You Love to Do
Chances are you got into business because of something that makes it easy to spring out of bed in the morning. You love what you do—at least when you get to do it. Running a business often means wearing more than one hat and being pulled into directions that take us away from the things we love most. Writing the copy for marketing, communications, sales ads and more? That can easily steal multiple hours away from your workday… especially if writing isn’t your strong suit.
Hiring a professional copywriter allows you to stop wasting valuable hours each day *trying* to string together words into something worthwhile and instead get back to what you love.
For the record, we love copywriting, so it’s a major #WinWin in our books!
Focus On What Needs You Most
There’s a clear follow up to the “focus on what you love” benefit, isn’t there? Sometimes it’s not a matter of focusing on what we love to do but what needs our attention most to stay on track and be productive. Team training; inventory; customer relations… the list goes on and on (and on and on.) Certain aspects of business simply cannot be outsourced—no matter how hard we try—requiring business owners to be all hands on deck.
So when you can outsource… do it!
You let us (the copywriters) focus on what we do best while you tend to what needs you NOW. The results? Phenomenal copy, less stress. Take it and run!
Show, Don’t Tell
One of the things you need to know about writing copy that attracts, nurtures and converts is that it has to speak to the reader AND inform. You can pull at the heart strings all day but if the intended target doesn’t know what your product or service can do for them, not much will come from it.
So you tell them what you provide to them, right? You’ve done it before, surely you can do it again.
- You tell them what product you’re selling.
- You tell them what comes with it.
- You tell them how to work it.
But do you ever SHOW them how it will help them?
Here’s your free tip for the day: always show, don’t tell. Paint a picture that makes it easy for your reader to understand how your product or service will drastically change their life. It’s not about what the actual offer is… but what it DOES FOR THEM. That’s what converts browsers into buyers.
Hiring a copywriter gives you time back in your day, knocks to-do’s off your list and helps you benefit from powerful copy that will move your target audience into action, so your business can run smoothly and increase profits without you ever breaking a sweat.
Benefit From Taking a Step Back
You might be wondering why we’re over here giving away free tips. Two reasons:
- We love you and think you deserve a freebie every now and then.
- All the tips in the world won’t help you write better copy for your business if you can’t take a step back.
Let us explain. The thing about your business is that YOU KNOW IT INSIDE AND OUT. You live it. Breathe it. Heck, you probably date it more than your spouse, right?
There’s not a thing about your business that you don’t know. Except how to explain it to others.
You’re too close to it, friend.
Unless you’re truly able to take a (major) step back and see your company or industry through a new lens, the copy will fall flat. A few examples of this are:
- Using complicated industry jargon that only insiders understand. This happens frequently in technical fields, such as medical practitioners, med spas and tech businesses. YOU understand the lingo… and so do your competitors… but do your clients, patients or customers? NOPE. And if they don’t understand, they can’t be interested.
- You can’t be objective. OF COURSE your business is better than your competitors. Why? Well because… it just IS. Hmm, not the strongest argument. Taking a step back helps to see the bigger picture, how companies compare to one another and where one may excel over the other.
- You know your product or service will help others but SHOWING others how is increasingly difficult. It’s not that the benefits aren’t real because the results are there… but understanding how to express it all to someone on the “outside” has you stumbling over your words and blowing big opportunities.
Hiring a copywriter takes the pressure of making sure your audience understands what you do off of your shoulders, and puts it on someone else’s.
Still not convinced?
It’s a Great Investment
Hiring a copywriter is one of the best investments you can make for your business. We provide the peace of mind that what you need accomplished will get done without you having to agonize over it endlessly. Or put it off.
Not only should you see an incredible return of investment (ROI) for sales copy during launches or promotional pushes but the truth is, once you have great foundational copy down, you can tweak and change for future purposes.
We know, we know… we shouldn’t say things like that. But it’s true. SHOULD you always hire a copywriter? SURE… in a perfect world. However, if you hire a copywriter to write you a mind-blowing evergreen welcome/ nurture sequence, you can take that same sequence and tweak it to reflect future changes in your business without coming out of pocket again.
Does this freak us out? Simply put: NOPE… because you’ll always need a copywriter for something. Copywriting isn’t just for sales, we also:
- Write interesting and approachable blogs for your website that help position you as an expert while working behind the scenes to generate traffic to your site thanks to something we call SEO.
- Craft exciting website copy that instantly captures your audience the moment they land on your site—and sets you apart from the crowd.
- Create social marketing copy or messenger scripts.
- Help you write powerful emails that get you more business, in front of audiences or establish new networking partnerships.
- And maybe most importantly, we help you to look like the professionals you are. Maybe this is an occupational hazard but to us there’s NOTHING WORSE than a website, email or piece of marketing with blatant spelling and/ or grammar errors. We’re all human and mistakes happen—but they don’t have to.
At the end of the day, where there are words, there we are. Quality copy helps you to move your audience into action so instead of them hovering over the “close window” X on their browser, they click “Get In Touch NOW!” or “Buy Today!” or “Make an Appointment” without hesitation. In turn your business grows… and so does your bank account.
Just like you’re the expert in your field, we’re the experts when it comes to crafting copy that tells a story and converts. Does your copy fall flat? Does it convert only if your Grandma buys? Are you ready for more than just a smattering of words across a page? We think it’s time to connect. After all, we put the SIZZLE in everything that crosses our paths—your copy included!